Melanie Rodriguez is a music & marketing executive with over 10 years of experience in the music industry, who was recognized by Billboard Magazine as a nominee for Billboard's Women in Music in both 2011 & 2013. An extremely creative and driven professional, with a passion for music & social media, Melanie currently holds the position of Director of Marketing & Publicity for NYC-based independent record label MPress Records. She manages all publicity, marketing & promotional campaigns -traditional and digital. Melanie also holds a Board of Directors, Co-Chair of Communications position at the Women in Music Organization and has consulted musicians and businesses via her own company Band A.M.
- 10+ years’ experience in Marketing and Management specializing in Traditional and Social Media in the Music and Entertainment Industry:
- Marketing: Social Media & Online Development, Brand Recognition, Competitive Differentiation, Promotional Collateral
- Management: Training & Development, Client & Vendor Relations, Project Scheduling & Coordination, Conflict Resolution
- Extensive experience in increasing revenue potential and identifying untapped revenue streams
- Proven record of creating and implementing innovative marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness, generation of new business, and initiate a competitive advantage
- Outstanding client relations resulting in diverse networks and strategic partner alliances
In addition to work, Melanie is also passionate about music, plus-size fashion, cooking, and animals.